Shellac for Fruit coating
Why do we coat fruit and vegetable?
1. Wax coating will reduce the dehydration rate of the Fruit and Vegetable. So Fruit or vegetable will last longer and look fresh
2. Wax coating make Fruit or Vegetable look more shiny and appealing
3. Wax coating can disinfect bacteria that may still left on the peel fruit. So it makes the fruit last longer
1. Shellac is a natural resin, it is very safe and edible FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) and EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) approve shellac as a safety materials, it certified to use as food and pharmaceutical coating
2. With unique property of shellac that can strongly adhesion to the surface and also make the shiny look. Even though, there are other materials that can be used for fruit coating, both natural and syntactic. Shellac still accepted to be the best and the safest material for the industry.